Saturday, September 17, 2011

Conway, AR Locust Pocus 9/15/11

The road was kind to us yesterday. We left Norman on its first rainy day of fall, with a tiny car packed to the brim with homemade quilts, comfort food, local art from friends, music in our hearts and driving in our minds.

Our journey was pleasant, on the way to Conway, and the house show hosts were benevolent, not to mention amazingly creative and talented musicians. For the first ti
me in a long while, I longed to package their songs in a tiny CD case and listen to them in the form of a CD, while we were on the road. To my disapointment, though, they didn't have them recorded. Which means, I'll be trying to recreate the song that hooked me in and lulled me to experience the emotions they may have felt when writing the lyrics, in my head, nonetheless.

Luna Moth and Blue Valley Farmer were incredibly well received!! Joey sold his entire discography, among other single CDs, as did Cody! We also sold some homemade soap, an Oklahoma chapter zine, and I sold a decorated light switch cover! Not bad for a first show. :)

Last night we drove to Memphis and stayed with my sister and
her boyfriend. Next stop is Nashville, TN...

No comments:

Post a Comment