Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today was 110 degrees


Outside Furniture

I think it’s pretty to see real furniture out on a lawn

Let’s set our bedroom up the way it is now, out on our lawn

We’ll melt ice cubes on our bodies if we’re laying out on the lawn

Because I like how light hits your face when we’re wasting time sitting out on the grass

And the blood doesn’t stain my reflection of you when I prick your lips

And the words on the pages are slowly coming alive

And we’re dancing among the furniture we set up outside

I think it’s lovely to see real furniture out in the yard

I forget that you’re dying, getting stoned at the table we moved to the yard

It makes me hate that I love you, sipping coffee in chairs we both brought out to the yard

But it’s easy now you’re stoking the fire, while I’m digging your grave

And you’ve told me not to worry, our things are made of oak, and you won’t be far away

No comments:

Post a Comment